Rhoda Girls is a young women empowerment project facilitated by the Icebolethu Foundation under the management of Miss Zama Mazibuko. It is an initiative that aims to empower young women from all walks of life. The project nurtures the educational, spiritual and psychological well-being of the young women through various channels. The year-end camp is dedicated to reflecting and ensuring that the young women share their experiences with one another in order to solidify their sisterhood and build each other.
The girls met yet again for their empowering and educational summer camp at Camp El Olam. The camp kept the girls energised with obstacle course challenges that encouraged teamwork and a whole lot of team spirit!
The girls had an amazing lineup of speakers for the five day camp;
1. Khwezi Mabunda the founder of Sisonke as a guest speaker where she gave an amazing talk about self-discovery and encouraging the girls to always choose themselves and to know their worth.
2. The Girls’ psychologist, Ntombi Mcoyi had a evening session with the girls on the second day of camp where they reflected on the year and ended their session with meditation.
3. The third day of camp had the girls learning about email and text etiquette facilitated by Social Media Marketer, Avumile Mbhele.
4. Palesa Lebenya kickstarted the fourth day with a talk on women and leadership.
5. Talks by Sister Gugu Ntuli on all things health and wellness.
6. Mam’Bongiwe Ndlovu, an SAPS representative who educated the girls about the different types of rape and how to go about reporting a case.
7. Lastly, spirits were lifted during Tshegang Chipeya’s spiritual talk.
8. A talk by award winning Gagasi FM radio host, Thandi Zisto Mhlonho where she kept it real about being authentic and not succumbing to peer pressure.
The girls closed off the year on a high note and are ready to face everything that 2022 will bring!