Elandskop ImbizoDecember 14, 2021
Awards Season: Sebenza Women Awards and Standard Bank KZN Top Business Woman 2021December 20, 2021
The past 12 years have seen Icebolethu Funerals grow from strength to strength, and much of that strength is attributed to the forces behind the day-to-day running of the organisation. To quote Henry Ford, “if everyone is moving forward together, then success takes care of itself”. As the organisation grows, so does its capacity, deliverables and Human Resources. During the months of November and December 2021, the business rallied the various departments and divisions in a quest to ensure that functions and expectations can be addressed and take to task confidently any challenges that would arise.
The Icebolethu Group consists of ten divisions so naturally team efficiency is an imperative requirement in order to fulfil tasks. Below are the various groups visited.
- Zululand and Umkhanyakude
- Ethekwini North and South
- Ilembe and King Cetshwayo
- Ungungundlovu and Harry Gwala
- Ethekwini Call Center- Durban
- Field Sales Agents – Durban
- Field Sales Agents – Vryheid
- Ethekwini Call Centre
A key pillar of the industrial revolution, a foundation of modern civilisation, was the division of labour. And that’s just another way to say teamwork. Employee teamwork enables the Group’s workforce to:
- Split difficult tasks into simpler ones, then work together to complete them faster
- Develop specialised skills, so that the best person for each task can do it better and faster
In a nutshell, teams make work more efficient. That can lead to better productivity, reduced costs, greater profitability, and many other benefits.