Catering Department Manager – HammarsdaleJune 3, 2023
District Funeral Planner – Amajuba and UthukelaJune 8, 2023
Position: Catering Department Manager
Company: Icebolethu Group
Position: Manager for our Tombstone Business
Published: 05 June 2023
Job location: Durban
Our vision is to be the center of excellence in the funeral Industry. To offer services equal to none in order to propel strong growth for our company.
Icebolethu is calling for suitable candidates to apply for a 1 Year Fixed Term position of a Manager for our Tombstone Business. The incumbent will be required to develop the tombstones strategy by considering market trends, regulations and how it may translate into operational execution through alignment of core business strategic objectives to effective operations of all tombstones operations to support their bottom-line performance.
Please note that this is both an Internal and external advert, thus applies to Permanent staff and external possible candidates.
Qualifications, Experience & Competencies:
NQF Level 7 Qualification in Business Administration/Commerce related field
Master’s degree in business administration or Business Leadership is advantageous
FSB Registered RE (Representative) is preferred
Experience and Knowledge required
5 years of experience in operations management in a corporate.
Minimum of 3 years in a senior / management role
Skills and Competencies required
- Computer Literacy in Ms Office Suite.
- Strong communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Collaboration Skills
Key Performance Areas:
- Manage all customer requirements as per Service Level Agreements.
- Attending and resolving all clients / customer queries.
- Coach, guide and mentor staff.
- Apply disciplinary measures where necessary.
- Plan and allocate work in a manner to create efficiencies.
- Monitor and promote the high level of staff performance.
- Efficiently planning of human resources in accordance with the set performance targets for the Operation/ Center/ Branch.
- Reduce and eliminate overheads and unnecessary spend.
- Ensure strict adherence to company policies, procedures, systems and processes.
- Address and take corrective measures on all identified Risks.
- Ensure staff compliance on PPE and Health and Safety Policies.
- Develop, lead and manage the execution of the Tombstones Business Strategy.
- Manage and orchestrate the entire strategic review process.
- Plan and implement medium- and long-term business strategies to achieve the Tombstones Business objectives.
- Develop and implement effective succession plan for all key roles in Tombstones Businesses
- Manage OPEX budget and achieve CAPEX requirements.
- Ensure a safe workplace without risk to health.
- Apply a structured methodology and lead change management activities.
- Provide structure and Tombstones Business governance in accordance with accepted Industry norm.
- Partner with the Group Managing Executive in addressing performance, compliance and risk relating to Tombstones Business issues in Core Businesses.
- Business Strategy Development
- Strategic Alignment
- Innovative Vision
- Business Performance Delivery
- Inspirational Leadership
- Systems Thinking
- Honesty and Integrity
- High Performance Oriented
- Sales and Marketing
- Product Development
- Financial Services Sector regulations
CLOSING DATE: Friday, June 9th, 2023.
- Please submit all CV’s to email@example.com
- Applicants who have not clarified the position or reference number on the SUBJECT LINE will not be considered).
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you don’t hear from us within 2 days after the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.