Sheq Practitioner – Icebolethu Group Head Office – DurbanSeptember 1, 2023
Security Officer x3 – Newcastle MortuarySeptember 22, 2023
Position: Tax Accountant
Company: Icebolethu Group
Position: Tax Accountant
Published: 14 September 2023
Job Location: Group Finance Department
Our vision is to be the center of Excellence in the Funeral Assurance Industry. To offer Services equal to none, in order to propel strong growth for our Company.
Icebolethu Group is an Authorised Financial Service Provider FSP45714 and a Level 1 BBBEE Contributor is South Africa’s second largest Funeral Assurance Group. Winner of the Standard Bank KZN – Top Brand award for 2022 provides a centre of excellence and a leading provider of dignified burial solutions.
Icebolethu Group is currently in search of a Tax Accountant within the Group Finance Department of Icebolethu Group. The successful incumbent will be responsible for overseeing and manage Tax Compliance and Reporting Requirements for the Group in line with applicable South African Tax Laws and Regulations whilst demonstration professional business acumen.
Qualifications, Experience and Competencies.
- BCom Accounting or Finance Degree and Post Graduate qualification in Tax.
- Registered tax practitioner – preferred.
Experience and Knowledge required.
- Minimum of two-to-three (2/3) years’ experience in a similar role.
- Experience in Insurance or Financial services is essential.
- Thorough knowledge of Applicable South African Tax Laws and Regulations.
- Experience with the developing process and controls and implementing new systems.
Skills and Competencies required.
- Must be able to work independently and with minimal supervision.
- Strong Analytical Skills.
Key Performance Areas.
- Advise Payroll Services team of income tax implications.
- Drafting of opinions on income tax consequences of various ad hoc queries.
- Assist and advise with complex income tax and VAT issues.
- Interpretation of income tax legislation.
- Advise on tax implications of new payroll transactions.
- Complying with risk management procedures.
- Preparation, review and filling of amended tax returns.
- Perform sample audits of all payroll input and agree to current individual tax legislation.
- Assist with IRP 5 reconciliations and EMP501 submissions.
- Perform monthly reconciliations of tax general ledger accountants.
- Prepare and compile documentation for tax audits.
- Engage with SARS to resolve any tax issues and queries.
- Advise on appropriate group structure for effective tax planning.
- Preparing training slides concerning various applicable developments linked to tax legislation.
CLOSING DATE: Friday, September 22nd 2023 at 17:00.
Interested Applicants Must forward a detailed CV; certified copies of qualifications and ID document by E-mail to FinanceRecruitment@icebolethu.co.za . Kindly also include a motivation of how you meet each of the entry requirements listed above and quote the reference number for the position.
- Late application and applications with no reference number will no be considered.
- E-mail Users are requested to set the delivery option on both “return receipt” and “confirm delivery”.
- Correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates.
- If you have not been contacted within 1 month of closing date of the advertisement, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.