Group Human Resources ManagerJanuary 14, 2024
Terms & Conditions: Icebolethu Group iSave CompetitionJanuary 29, 2024
Position: Facilities Manager
Company: Icebolethu Group
Position: Facilities Manager
Published: 22 January 2024
Business Unit: Operations
Location: Head Office Durban
Our vision is to be the centre of excellence in the funeral Industry. To offer services equal to none to propel strong growth for our company.
Icebolethu Group is an Authorised Financial Service Provider FSP45714 and a Level 1 BBBEE Contributor is South Africa’s second largest Funeral Assurance Group. Winner of the Standard Bank KZN – Top Brand award for 2022 provides a centre of excellence and a leading provider of dignified burial solutions.
Icebolethu Group is currently in search of a Facilities Manager who will be responsible for managing the Group’s property portfolio, planning and scheduling maintenance projects and managing all construction and shop-fitting projects.
Qualifications, Experience & Competencies
- National Diploma or Degree in Civil/Construction/ Electrical/ Building related field.
- Project Management Certification.
Experience and Knowledge required
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in building and maintenance management.
- Knowledge of the Health and Safety Act, relevant building regulations and applicable SANS codes
Skills and competence
- Project management and planning skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Basic carpentry, plumbing, electrical and equipment maintenance skills are essential.
- Develop and implement an effective annual planned maintenance programme to ensure that all properties occupied by the Group are properly maintained and comply with Occupational Health and Safety legislation.
- On a monthly basis, prepare the project plan together with budgeted costs for approval by the GCFO prior to plan implementation.
- Create project timelines and research expected costs.
- Identify and recommend properties for acquisition in line with Group and zoning requirements.
- Work with the Group Procurement department to oversee the sourcing and engagement of external service providers in line with the Group’s Procurement Policy.
- Provide oversight and management of internal team members and service providers contracted to execute maintenance and repairs and ensure all work is being performed within the agreed timelines and budget.
- Maintain good working relationships with landlords, engage with them on repairs required and when leases are due for renewal.
- Maintain accurate and complete records including keeping building plans and blueprints, lease agreements, service level agreements filed in proper order.
- Respond to emergency requests for facility and equipment repairs.
- Prepare monthly report to provide an overview of work completed in the month.
- Project manage all construction, refurbishment and shopfitting projects.
- Maintaining projects and compliance schedules including the Occupational Health and Safety and relevant by-laws and building regulations, such as re-zoning.
- Implement the Group’s performance management system and cultivate high levels of staff performance and engagement within the Facilities’ team.
All Short-listed applicants will be subjected to assessments, references, and credit checks.
ICEBOLETHU EMBRACES THE PRINCIPLES OF THE EMPLOYMENT EQUITY ACT
CLOSING DATE: 02 February 2024.
INTERESTED APPLICANTS MUST FORWARD A DETAILED CV; CERTIFIED COPIES OF QUALIFICATIONS AND ID DOCUMENT BY E-MAIL TO Facilities@Icebolethu.co.za KINDLY ALSO INCLUDE A MOTIVATION OF HOW YOU MEET EACH OF THE ENTRY REQUIREMENTS LISTED ABOVE AND QUOTE THE REFERENCE NUMBER FOR THE POSITION.
- LATE APPLICATIONS AND APPLICATIONS WITH NO REFERENCE NUMBER WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
- E-MAIL USERS ARE REQUESTED TO SET THE DELIVERY OPTION ON BOTH “RETURN RECEIPT” AND “CONFIRM DELIVERY”.
- CORRESPONDENCE WILL BE LIMITED TO SHORT-LISTED CANDIDATES.
- IF YOU HAVE NOT BEEN CONTACTED WITHIN 1 MONTH OF CLOSING DATE OF THE ADVERTISEMENT, PLEASE ACCEPT THAT YOUR APPLICATION HAS BEEN UNSUCCESSFUL.